Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Travel Indochina 1 month

Posted by jsmithgladys82 on 26/7/2017 at 21:56

We are a group of 5 young couples spending 1 month to visit Indochina as much as possiable. All of us have not travel experiences before, so we approciate all tips, guide from fellow travelers.

#1 jsmithgladys82 has been a member since 26/7/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by teresamhudson on 27/7/2017 at 21:01

In Southeast Asia, you can refer to Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, and Laos, but during a month, you can not cover all places above. You need more time or visit 1 country only.

#2 teresamhudson has been a member since 27/3/2017. Posts: 16

Posted by abbielane456 on 8/8/2017 at 04:35

You can check out the itinerary: Day 1: Ho Chi Minh
Day 2-3: Ho Chi Minh city - Mekong Delta
Day 4-5: Floating village visiting - Danang - Hoi An
Day 6-7: Hoi An - Hanoi city tour
Day 8-14: Ha Long - Hanoi - Luang Prabang
Day 15-17: Siem Reap
(Source: Vietnam Group Tour)
You should visit other travel sites like Travelfish and Tripadvisor to compare price and service before booking

#3 abbielane456 has been a member since 17/4/2017. Posts: 8

Posted by Megaworldasia365 on 30/8/2017 at 05:11

Hi,
Although it's been a while since you posted, I assuming you are yet to begin your travel to Indochina?

I have the experience of having lived twenty years in the region and have travelled extensively throughout Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, and Thailand. I'm not going to siggest an itinerary because its my experience that most travelers never really stick to one because they tend to spend longer in places they like.

A lot of people ask me what my recommendations might be for a trip to S.E.Asia. My standard reply ia always "what do you want to do or see?" Invariably most coming to Indochina will have a bucket list that might include in no particular order:
Tropical Island/beach/partying
Temples/historical sites
Waterfalls/caving/trekking
Viewing wild animals
Scuba diving
Rock climbing

The thing is if you are not sure we to find this stuff you can waste alot of valuable time and money bumbling about without seeing anything worthwhile. So to make things easy I'll tell you where the best of each category is so you can go directly there. I'll also include the best months to visit.

Best tropical Island/beach scene/partying = koh phangan, thailand. Full moon party every month. (March to september)

Best temples/historical sites = Siem Reap, Cambodia. Angkor Wat etc. (November to April)

Best and biggest waterfall in indochina = Ban Gioc, North Vietnam. On the border of China and the worlds 4th biggest cross border waterfall. (September to october)

Best caving and trekking tours = Phong Nha ke Bang, North Vietnam. OXALIS CAVING AND TREKKING TOURS. Worlds biggest caves. (March to August)

Best 4 day motor bike tour = the THAKHEK LOOP, Khammouane Province, Laos. This includes Khong Lor river cave which is 7.5 km natural tunnel through a mountain, traversed in a boat. (November to April)

Best liveaboard scuba diving tour = Similan Islands, Thailand. Normally a 3 - 4 day tour. (November to April)

Best place to see herds of wild elephants = Kui Buri National Park, Thailand. Approx 300 km south of Bangkok. (November to April)

For in depth info on most of the above mentioned locations, check out my travel blog: megaworldasia dot com - south east asia off the beaten track

Safe travels

Mega

#4 Megaworldasia365 has been a member since 26/8/2017. Posts: 19

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.