Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Ko Lipe or Halong Bay for 3 days

Posted by michaelbkindle316 on 16/8/2017 at 21:46

I am thinking about Halong Bay or Ko Lipe for our honeymoon during a week in June. I want to have unforgettable and surprise honeymoon for my wife. What should I do?

#1 michaelbkindle316 has been a member since 16/8/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by DLuek on 17/8/2017 at 02:30 TF writer

Those are really, totally, completely different types of destinations. Lipe is for beaches, snorkeling, diving, etc. Ha Long Bay is for cruising past cliffs and fishing villages and enjoying the scenery. June will be getting into low season on Lipe. Both are quite touristy but Ha Long Bay is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the entire region. I reckon either would be suitable for a honeymoon, just depends what kind you prefer.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,287
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by teresamhudson on 17/8/2017 at 21:51

I think they are all nice for honeymoon trip so choosing Halong or Ko Lipe depending on the previous places you visit is better. If you just choose one, I recommend Halong Bay. Its views are so amazing. I took a plane tour there. It's really worth to try once.

#3 teresamhudson has been a member since 27/3/2017. Posts: 16

Posted by MarkSeaton on 21/8/2017 at 23:15

Halong Bay was beautiful. Spend a little bit on a more upscale boat/room and you should have a great time
The staff on mine could NOT have done more or been nicer.. Even when they were dealing with a few... unruly westerners who should have known better :)
It really is pretty

#4 MarkSeaton has been a member since 15/8/2017. Posts: 13
 Send MarkSeaton a private message 

Posted by abbielane456 on 24/8/2017 at 21:53

Well, we're really interested in plane tour. could you share more about it?

#5 abbielane456 has been a member since 17/4/2017. Posts: 8

Posted by teresamhudson on 29/8/2017 at 21:02

I saw the plane tour by chance and had this trip in summer via Halong Bay Tours. The trip isn't too long but you will be shown an overview of Halong bay from the city to the bay. So wonderful

#6 teresamhudson has been a member since 27/3/2017. Posts: 16

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.