Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

clothes colour advice...

Posted by richkimmens on 21/2/2008 at 18:42

I am deciding what clothes to take with me (not very many as plan to buy more as and when I need them on the go) and have been told that pink and yellow are good colours for thailand because of the king.

BUT i am going to Singapore and Malaysia first, would anyone recommend any popular colours there and also are there any colours that should be avoided in the region?

I am going Singapore > Malaysia > Thailand > Vietnam > Cambodia > Thailand.

Thanks guys!

#1 richkimmens has been a member since 30/1/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by KirSin on 24/2/2008 at 00:13

There is no colour favouritism in Malaysia but i personally avoid black it tends to absorb heat.

#2 KirSin has been a member since 19/2/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by wanderingcat on 24/2/2008 at 10:21

doesn't really matter, unless you're going to attend a wedding. no black for weddings (except for men's suits), it's the colour for funerals. many say no purple for women attending weddings too, unless you are a widow.

anything goes.

#3 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Send wanderingcat a private message   Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 20/3/2008 at 06:54

I wear exactly the same cloths as i wear in the uk. Jeans or shorts, polo shirt / shirt, You can buy anything over there if you need it. But i wouldnt worry about what your wearing. Concentrate on how your going to see everything. :)

#4 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.