Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Aug-Nov? Weatherwise what's the best Itinerary?

Posted by spearmas on 27/2/2008 at 23:18

Hi all,
My friend and I are travelling in the region between August and November. I realise that this is generally a pretty wet time, and would welcome any itinerary suggestions, where we won't be totally washed out of it! We have 4 months and want to take in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam & Thailand. (Though not necessarily in that order). I have read the extremely helpful travelfish itineraries, but was hoping that someone may have travelled in the region in the same months that we intend to and may have a 'moderately' dry route that we could take.

Thanks

Sal

#1 spearmas has been a member since 27/2/2008. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/2/2008 at 09:07 admin

Hi Sal,

Pack an umbrella!

In November you'll be fine in all four countries and Cambodia in October isn't too bad. August and September are good on Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao in Thailand, but the west coast doesn't really dry out till November.

So I'd lean towards something along the lines of starting in Thailand's gulf islands mentioned above, then north into Northern Thailand (it will be wet, but cool), then Laos, then into Cambodia by mid October, finishing off in Vietnam for November. Sort of like a giant N.

Of course it depends on where you're planning on going in each country, but the above is what I'd start with.

Bear in mind that wet season tends not to be all day torrential rain day in day out, but more like some rain most days.

Hope that helps -- more questions, ask away.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by spearmas on 29/2/2008 at 22:19

Cheers for that :)

#3 spearmas has been a member since 27/2/2008. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.