Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Domestic Flights

Posted by BT82 on 3/5/2008 at 00:29

Afternoon All,

Off to SEA at the end of may time for a month. I've planned on spending a week in Thailand (mainly around Chiang Mai), Laos and Cambodia respectively which leaves me a week to account for travel time and a day extra here and there (does this sound about right for a month?) Having read numerous bits of info, I'm hoping to fly a couple of legs to save some time and see some more (eg Chiang Mai to Luang Prebang, Vientienne to Phnom Penh). Can anyone tell me whether its best to book domestic flights in advance or are you able to go to the airports on the day (or day before) and book? If you are able to do the latter, what bearing does this have on price? Most prices I've checked online seem reasonable and within budget but don't want to get stung at airports. Any experiences/advice would be appreciated.

#1 BT82 has been a member since 23/4/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 3/5/2008 at 21:37 admin

You're best to look into the Discovery Airpass offered by Bangkok Airways. You can only purchase it outside of SE Asia and it works on a coupon system -- it includes ticketing with Lao Airlines and Siem Reap Airways. See their website for more info and contact them to get the lowdown on agents in your home country you can purchase the pass from.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by daawgon on 11/6/2008 at 10:44

Nok Air and Air Asia also serve domestic Thai markets, with the cheapest flights booked as far in advance as possible.

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,111

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.