Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

10 week trip - which way to go?

Posted by rl1465 on 7/5/2008 at 19:12

Just found this site using Google and I must say it's excellent! Very helpful to me as I'm planning a trip round SE Asia at themoment.

My main dilemma at the moment is which way round to go. I'll be leaving the first week of June and returning mid-August and was planning to start in Singapore and work up to Thailand then to Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, however due to the wet season would it be a better idea to start in Vietnam and work down?

Does it make a difference?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

#1 rl1465 has been a member since 7/5/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/5/2008 at 05:41 admin

It's really six of one, half dozen of the other. The only area that would jump out at me would be Thailand's west coast, but that will be wet throughout your stay so I don't think it matters too much.

We've got summaries of each country's climate which you may want to read. Take a look on the front page of the site and you'll see a link to "weather" under each country name.

Glad you like the site - thanks!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by rl1465 on 8/5/2008 at 05:49

I thought as much!

Thanks for confirming, makes my decisions easier. I read the weather reports but wanted a persons informed opinion really.

#3 rl1465 has been a member since 7/5/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.