Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

From Vietnam to Cambodia

Posted by alexr on 13/8/2008 at 03:33

Hi!

I hope you can help. I am going to SE Asia in a matter of weeks and I am currently looking into booking my discovery airpass before i leave the UK and therefore I am thinking about getting about from A-Z.

The one route i will not be flying will be from HCM city to Cambodia. We only have limited time in Cambodia (a measely 5 days) but I am slightly unclear about how long it take to do this journey.

Could you give me some indication of how long it takes to cross from HCM to Pnom Phen and also, is there a bus service that travels from HCM to Siem Reap directly or do most people go via PP? Do these routes go via the Bavet border? We are planning on getting the Cambodian evisa online before we leave the UK but we want to know that we will be able to use it!

Many thanks

#1 alexr has been a member since 20/5/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/8/2008 at 07:24 admin

HCM to Phnom Penh by bus takes the best part of a day -- though if you get through the border quickly it takes a few hours less (last time I did this by bus, we sat at the border for three hours).

There are through buses to Siem Reap, but they pass through Phnom Penh anyway.

I'd steer clear of the eVisa and get the visa on the border -- eVisa has been having some problems of late.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.