Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Posted by travelnut55 on 26/8/2008 at 06:51

I will be traveling to India and South East Asia for 2 months starting in late September with a friend. We are both in our early 20s and just out of college. We canceled our portion of the trip going to the Philippines so we have 10 extra days before leaving from Bangkok to Bali. We already have 3 weeks in Thailand so we were looking to explore some more. Was thinking of doing a couple of days in Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat and then heading to Laos (maybe Luang Prabang) for the rest of the 6 or so days. Was just wondering what you thought of this plan and whether or not we have enough time in those places. Thanks much.

#1 travelnut55 has been a member since 26/8/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by packtoofull on 26/8/2008 at 10:44

If you're flying the legs, you could certainly see LP and Angkor in ten days, but if you're planning on doing it overland, then it will be a bit tifht, or at least uncomfortable. Another option would be to skip Angkor and just do northern Laos, you could see Gibbon Experience and LP in ten days.

#2 packtoofull has been a member since 16/5/2007. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 39

Posted by chipseay on 27/8/2008 at 13:17

Skip Angkor? I can't imagine that. To me it is one of the most incredible places in the world.... It would be like skipping the Taj Mahal, or the Great Wall.

#3 chipseay has been a member since 27/8/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 28/8/2008 at 22:36

Skip Angkor ?!!

Angkor is one of my favourite places in the world. Deff would NOT be skipping on that. You can do all of SE Asia at once so I would do a TOP 10 list and try to fit all the important stuff in. Angkor is probably top of the list if you like old temple ruins!

#4 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464

Posted by JJcookie on 6/9/2008 at 05:06

fyi i emailed Gibbons yesterday - they are closed for Oct - have fun on your trip!!

#5 JJcookie has been a member since 6/9/2008. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.