Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

3 week Itinerary needed for Thailand on a small budget!

Posted by bro4dhead on 21/4/2009 at 10:29

Hello there,

I arrive on the 6th June for 3 weeks with a mate and as it is our last stop on our travels money is a bit tight. I was wondering if anyone could help us with some sort of guide as what to do in those 3 weeks and as cheap as chips!

thanks for any help :-)

#1 bro4dhead has been a member since 23/2/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 21/4/2009 at 11:29 admin

what's your interest? jungles and mountains; cities; islands and beaches -- and are you looking for a party (will determine island recommendation!)

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,643
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by bro4dhead on 22/4/2009 at 08:27

We would like to see as much as possible really! We are defo looking for a good party!

#3 bro4dhead has been a member since 23/2/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by brucemoon on 27/4/2009 at 14:47

Why is it that people doing their travel itineraries can be so stupid.

It appears they read Lonely Planet, think that every page is a must see, and end up spending most of their time inside a bus/train/car/plane etc.

Plan to see only that which you CAN enjoy (and afford).

Plan to miss lots of places: they are windfalls for the next visit.

Remember, the city itself is only the stepping stone to that which exists beyond. And, it is that which exists beyond that is the REAL attraction!

So, bro4dhead, if money is tight, and you've 3 weeks, choose to get away from the cities. You didn't reply in any meaningful way to Somtam's questions. So, if you're looking for answers, then it'd be helpful if you fashioned your views so that otheres could help.

I'd personally be suggesting you look at ideas on Travelfish. For example, check out...

and there are other 'stories' at...

#4 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.