Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

changing plans while in vietnam/laos/cambodia

Posted by buecax on 11/8/2009 at 13:59

hi all,

i'm going to travel through vietnam, laos and cambodia in september/october. while i have a pretty much "fixed" itinerary at this stage, this will probably change while i´m there. as i might want to stay longer in one place and shorter in another.

as it is not the main season i will not need to book accomodation ahead. but how do i go about it in order to stay flexible?

always just ask for a room for the night? and then ask to stay another night the next morning?

or is it possible to ask for a room for i.e. 5 nights and then check out early after i.e. 3 nights?

what is the best way to do it?

many thanks in advance!

#1 buecax has been a member since 15/7/2009. Posts: 44
 Send buecax a private message 

Posted by BruceMoon on 11/8/2009 at 14:10

If you like a place, and choose to stay a night, ask them I may change my mind and stay longer, would the room be available for longer?.

Similarly, if you plan on 5, but want to cut it short, once they have the money all over red rover!!. So, maybe if you sus out the place/area is full, choose to commit. If not, keep going to the desk each morning and just pay for another night.

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.