Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Three weeks in Vietnam, Laos and possilby Cambodia, tips?

Posted by jclarkson on 5/11/2009 at 14:54

I have got three weeks to spend in south east Asia, unfortunately Law School means my travel time is seriously limited. I was planning on mostly doing Vietnam with a bit in Laos to do Vientiane, VV and a day in LP. However, I have recently been thinking about cutting the Vietnam trip in favor of seeing Cambodia. One of my main interests is the nightlife and party scene of my destinations but I would really like to see Cambodia before it becomes further developed. So how is the nightlife in Cambodia compared to Vietnam? Any tips on specific destinations in Cambodia for a mix of nightlife and laid back traveller life would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Josh

#1 jclarkson has been a member since 10/9/2009. Posts: 35

Posted by jclarkson on 5/11/2009 at 15:21

Oh, and I should have added that anyone following a similar itinerary, please get in touch, always looking for new friends to travel with.

#2 jclarkson has been a member since 10/9/2009. Posts: 35

Posted by MADMAC on 18/11/2009 at 22:55

I would say if Nightlife is you thing Thailand is your place. Thailand has good nightlife in just about every provincial city.

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by mattocmd on 18/11/2009 at 23:49

I agree with MADMAC...

I don't know which city you are flying into but if your into nightlife (with a tad of culture) you could do something like this:

Siem Reap (great nightlife and you get to see Ankor Wat)
Battambang (no nightlife but cool city)
Sihanoukville (great nightlife, cheap beer)
Kampot/Kep (no nightlife but good for the culture)

Then head to the southern Thai islands for the beach/party atmosphere.

#4 mattocmd has been a member since 13/6/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 365
 Send mattocmd a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.