Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Help please!! Route needed.

Posted by nips2689 on 21/12/2009 at 04:40

Hi, I wondered whether anyone can help me, I'm flying out to Bangkok on 2nd April, and have no idea what route to take at all!
Someone please help!
I want to do Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and islands.

#1 nips2689 has been a member since 21/12/2009. Posts: 9

Posted by Lother on 21/12/2009 at 06:07

Have a look here first:
https://www.travelfish.org/itineraries
for some ideas.

When you have a rough idea, maybe ask some more specific questions and you'll get lots of ideas. Or at least tell what your interests are and how much time you have.

#2 Lother has been a member since 12/5/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 214

Posted by nips2689 on 3/1/2010 at 02:46

Thanks for you help...
So far this is the route i have

Bangkok – samut songkhram – phetchaburi – hua hin – prachuap khiri khan – Bang Saphan Yai - chumphon – ko tao – ko pha ngan – ko samui – chaiya – surat thani – nakhon si thammarat – phatthalung – songkhla – pattani - narathiwat – kota bharu – sungai kolok – yala – hat yai – phatthalung – trang – krabi – ko lanta – ko phi phi – phuket – FLY TO KUALA LUMPUR –

After we have been to Malaysia Im thinking of doing north thailand - Laos - Vietnam - Cambodia - back to thailand.
We dont have aset time that were going for were thinking about 6 months..

Any help? Places i have missed out so far?

#3 nips2689 has been a member since 21/12/2009. Posts: 9

Posted by Tilapia on 3/1/2010 at 04:11

You can take the single-line train from Wong Wian Yai Station in Thonburi (across the river from Bangkok) to Samut Sakhon (Mahachai), check out the seafood markets and have an excellent seafood lunch, then cross the river (by pedestrian ferry ... 2 baht) and catch the train again for Samut Songkhram. It's a really nice trip through the salt fields, and a much, much better way of getting to Samut Songkhram than by bus from Bangkok.

If you're in the area of Hua Hin, I'd try to get to Khao Sam Roi Yot. Very interesting and beautiful place.

Don't forget that you will only be issued a 15-day visa on arrival when you come back into Thailand from Malaysia.

#4 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,496
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by nips2689 on 3/1/2010 at 04:40

Thanks! we are applying for a tripple visa 3 x 60 day visas aslong as theyre used within the 6months.. does that not apply if you travel from malaysia to thailand?

#5 nips2689 has been a member since 21/12/2009. Posts: 9

Posted by Tilapia on 3/1/2010 at 07:23

You'll be fine.

#6 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,496
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.