Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Thailand Cambodia Vietnam and Cambodia. In just under 7 weeks

Posted by ekitch on 22/12/2009 at 18:55

Hi

I am traveling to Bangkok with my sister in July next year. We have just under seven weeks to (hopefully) see Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos.

Was wondering whether anyone could give us any feedback on our route (positive or negative!!)

Thanks

Bangkok (1 day and 1 night)

Siem Reap (2 full days 3 nights)

Battambang (1 full day 2 nights)

Phnom Penh (1 full day 2 nights)

Chau Doc (1 full day 2 nights)

HCMC (2 full days 3 nights)

Mui Ne (1 full day 2 nights)

Nha Trang (1 full day 2 nights)

Hoi An ( 1 full day 2 nights)

Hue (1 full day 2 nights)

Hanoi (1 night)

Halong bay (3 days and nights)

Hanoi FLIGHT to Vietianne

Vietianne (1 full day and 2 nights)

Vang Vieng ( 1 full day and 2 nights)

Luang Prabang (1 night) > Chiang Rai/Chiang Khong (1 nights)

Chiang Mai (1 full day 2 nights)

Kanchanburi (1 full day 2 nights)

Bangkok (1 night)

Ko Samui?/ Ko tao/ Ko Pha Ngan ( 5 nights)

Bangkok (1 night)

#1 ekitch has been a member since 21/12/2009. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/12/2009 at 09:26 admin

Assumming you are not keen on cutting an entire country out, I'd recommend cutting a few of those places and allowing more time in each spot -- otherwise you're going to need another holiday to get over this one.

I'd cut at least the following:
Battambang
Chau Doc
Mui Ne
Nha Trang
Kanchanaburi

It takes two days to get from Luang Prabang to Huay Xai so keep that in mind. Really you need some of the days from the segments I cut out above to add to Luang Prabang and Chiang Mai to make these bits worthwhile.

Also, don't forget it takes a long time to get around in Vietnam -- perhaps look at taking some budget airline flights to quicken things up.

More questions? ask away!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by ekitch on 23/12/2009 at 19:23

thanks!

will definitely come back with more questions when we've looked into our route a bit more!

#3 ekitch has been a member since 21/12/2009. Posts: 5

Posted by ekitch on 3/1/2010 at 01:14

Hi,
you suggested missing out a country. we're now thinking that that might be a /very sensible suggestion. If so which country would you suggest that we cut out. We are set on doing Vietnam and are flying in and out of Bangkok and don't mind having one internal flight.

thanks

emma

#4 ekitch has been a member since 21/12/2009. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.