Me and a friend are off on a 3 month trip around Indochina and Malaysia. We fly to bangkok on the 18th March and return from Singapore on the 14th of June.
We are 23 and 22 years old, and want to get a lot out of the trip both experience wise and culturally. Budget wise we are being fairly tight and are'nt afraid of slumming it a bit.
In terms of a route, we are thinking anti-clockwise around Indochina:
- Bangkok to Siem Reap (Angkor)
- Siem Reap to Phnom Penh
- PP to HCM
- HCM to Hanoi (Nha Trang/Hoi An/Da Nang/Hue/Halong Bay)
- Hanoi to Laos (Best route in overland??? recommendations for Laos??)
- Laos back into Thailand overland
- Then South through Thailand to the South peninsula/islands (recommendations??)
- Into Malaysia
- Penang to KL
- KL to Singapore
We have no internal flights booked and are planning to do our travelling overland. Any recommendations, tips, or advice would be greatly appreciated, and any opinions on the route are more than welcome.
Thanks for your time.
#1 smudge86 has been a member since 12/2/2010. Posts: 4