Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Solo beach break over Xmas/NYE--Lombok/Gilis?

Posted by missmck on 24/3/2010 at 19:48

Hi all~

I'm in the early stages of planning a trip over Christmas/NYE this year, for about 2 weeks. I really just want a place to unwind and let my hair down a bit--lay on a beautiful beache/exploring/snorkeling during the day and enough of a 'scene' at night to keep me from being lonely without being outrageous or requiring anything other than flip-flops. I don't need fancy accommodation, but would prefer some sort of bungalow versus a junky hotel room. BTW, I'm 28 y/o female, likely traveling alone.

So, I've done the west coast of the Thailand islands (twice) and loved Ko Phangan more than life itself, but am looking to branch out a bit and experience a new culture. I think Indo might be it. Bali seems like it might be a bit too touristy for me, so I'm currently thinking Lombok/Gili Islands might be right...

It's so tough to find quality info online so I'm hoping someone can help. Am considering doing an 8-day trip with Intrepid through Lombok and then taking 5 or 6 days to go to the Gilis or just relax.

Does this sound reasonable or will I be disappointed? Am also considering Boracay or elsewhere in Philippines as well...

#1 missmck has been a member since 24/3/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by heaveho on 15/4/2011 at 12:57

hi missmck, how did you go with your trip in the end. I am planning a similiar thing for July and wanted to get some tips

#2 heaveho has been a member since 15/4/2011. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.