Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

CGK Airport Jakarta

Posted by dooryardroses on 25/9/2010 at 10:59

Posted from within Vietnam.

My husband and I will fly to Jakarta in a week, and have an overnight layover before our connection to Jogyakarta the following afternoon. Our flight to CGK doesn't arrive until 11:30pm, and hotel options in the area seem to be few and far between (not to mention expensive!). I'm dreading the idea of negotiating with airport taxi drivers for a longride into the city at night, just to sleep in a crappy hotel for acouple of hours.

Does anyone have experience staying in the airport overnight? Even an impression of the place late at night would be helpful. We'll be traveling light, probably with just one small carry-on. I've checked, but they only have one review that's less than a year old. I'm not looking to hear that there's a cushy sleeping lounge and lots of restaurants open all night, just that the place is relatively safe and you wouldn't fear for your life in the dead of night.

That being said, if you have hotel or guesthouse recommendations in the area, that would be great too. Thanks!

#1 dooryardroses has been a member since 25/9/2010. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.