Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Bali for Middle aged english

Posted by sessachief on 29/12/2010 at 18:51

Off to Bali, in two days , spending a week on outskirts of Kuta , in some resort Krtonya or something like this. This will be with grown up family. So I am guessing other parts of Bali need to be seen. Thinking of Airport to Amed , then into Ubed, then into Kuta with Family to finish.
Want to have good accommodation of around $45 a night all should be clean , have Fan & Air con and a pool .How much from Airport to Amed, I know series of Villages .. Is this a daft plan ?
Help please , leaving on jet plane tomorrow night :-)
Thought I might throw in a little lite baiting re the Ashes for the Oz in Bali !!

#1 sessachief has been a member since 28/12/2009. Posts: 3
 Send sessachief a private message 

Posted by swag on 30/12/2010 at 06:18

the ashes are over, the recriminations have started, the knives are sharpened, the wailing is loud,the captain could lose his head,just another sunny day on Oz.

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331
 Send swag a private message 

Posted by 40PlusTraveler on 19/1/2011 at 14:30

Far too late for any useful information for you I would be guessing.

Amed is a long way from Denpasar airport - It would take two+ hours to get to the Amed area. Also, the area called Amed is spread out over a long strech of coast, and I wouldnt think a taxi driver from Denpasar would have much clue on where to take you, if you have nothing organised.
I think yYou would be better to stay in Kuta or Sanur initially and organise bus transfer or a car and driver rental to take you, as well as somewhere to stay

#3 40PlusTraveler has been a member since 29/9/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 8
 Send 40PlusTraveler a private message   Website 

Posted by busylizzy on 19/1/2011 at 17:04

Agree that Amed is a fair distance from the airport - but I think it's worth going to, in my opinion. Much more laid back than Kuta - I would tend to leave it to the end rather than the start of the trip.

If you've got money to throw about, I believe you can get a boat from Padangbai, Sanur, or somewhere down that area. And some of the more resort type hotels will probably offer transport.

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.