Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Airline ticket to West flores then Lombok

Posted by swag on 22/2/2011 at 10:47

Hi all, planning to have a 2 1/2 weeks quick trip to W.Flores for some diving then the Gili's in early to mid June.
Question is relating to getting local airline tickets.I understand Transnusa has a daily morning flight out of Denpasar, but I'm getting conflicting info on the return flight to Mataram in Lombok. I was hoping to fly from LBJ in Flores to Lombok but it seems I might have to go via Denpasar.

If anyone can shed some light on if this info is correct or how I can arrange to buy tickets beforehand via a reputable local travel agent that would be great.
cheers
Swag

#1 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by busylizzy on 22/2/2011 at 12:31

Can't guarantee it 100%, but that was what I had to do a year ago. I flew out of LBJ to DPS, then caught a flight a 1/2 hour later to Mataram. Allso - be aware that the the flight out of LBJ isn't always reliable. I tried to book a flight 2-3 days out after travelling through Flores, and found that I had to wait 3-4 days before being able to do so - an the the flight I was booked on was cancelled and I had to wait another day. Reason for this was unclear. Had to kill a few days on Kanawa Island, just off of LBJ.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by swag on 23/2/2011 at 05:12

Thanks that's what I thought. As I don't have a lot of time I didn't want to run the risk of not being able to get out for 3 or 4 days. I am hoping to track down a travel agent in Denpasar where I can sort my tickets out before hand. I might pm Somtam see if he can help

#3 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by aguirre on 13/3/2011 at 03:06

Try Tiket2 to check all prices. You can buy your ticket there too. It's reliable website I never had a problem with them. http://www.tiket2.com

#4 aguirre has been a member since 13/3/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by SBE on 13/3/2011 at 13:29

Hi Swag. If Somtam is up to his eyes in work (he usually is) I used a company called travelindo to book a domestic flight from outside the country recently. http://www.travelindo.com/

They're very quick at answering email queries and you can pay using paypal. (US dollars). There's a small fee for the service but it's reasonable and I had no problems with my flight.

#5 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,020
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by swag on 14/3/2011 at 06:00

@sbe thanks for that hows your diving going

#6 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by amz155 on 21/3/2011 at 08:15

You could always take the Perama boat from LB to Mataram. That's what we are planing on doing in order to avoid taking a flight from LB and also it'll be a good way to see a few more islands and so some snorkelling along the way.

#7 amz155 has been a member since 30/8/2006. Posts: 111

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.