Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Rafting in Bali

Posted by foieslinger on 26/3/2011 at 12:34

My wife and I would like to do some white water rafting in Bali next week, can anyone recommend a good tour operator?

I assume most operators are based out of Ubud, is this correct?

#1 foieslinger has been a member since 11/11/2009. Posts: 36

Posted by somtam2000 on 27/3/2011 at 06:15 admin

You can book it pretty much anywhere on the island, but most of the trips star within an hour of Ubud. Sobek gets consistently good reviews, though I've not tried the rafting myself... May have to next week when the parents arrive.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by divejunkie on 29/3/2011 at 13:53

Hi,

I did water rafting twice with Sobek, very professional. They will pick you up where ever you stay. You can do at Ayung river or at Telaga Waja, last one is more challenging. Have fun!

#3 divejunkie has been a member since 6/4/2010. Posts: 21
 Website 

Posted by Phoenix on 8/4/2011 at 04:09

Bali Adventure Tours ,owned by an Australian Nigel Mason, is operating white water rafting on the Ayung River. Safty is his number one priority and is up to International Standards. You can check out his website and book online. Top class service from beginning to end.

#4 Phoenix has been a member since 7/4/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by screamin on 5/5/2011 at 18:07

Ayung is great pretty easy . But the steps down are 5 short of making it to china . I hear the telaga waja is alot more fun . I used sobek as well

#5 screamin has been a member since 5/1/2011. Location: Australia. Posts: 10
 Send screamin a private message   Where has screamin been?   Website   Google+   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.