Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

surf in Bali then 1 week at Gili

Posted by sammargherita on 17/4/2011 at 08:48

Hi! I'm going to Bali at the end of May. I'm gonna go surfing at Padang Padang surf camp. Can anyone tell me what else to see around in that area? Like go to Ubud and Seminyak, perhaps? I'm staying in Padang Padang for 3 days and then Gili Trawangan for 7 days then go back to Kuta again.
my plan is eat, surf and see the culture stuff. temples etc.
Please help me with itinerary. Thanks!!!!

#1 sammargherita has been a member since 12/4/2011. Posts: 5
 Send sammargherita a private message 

Posted by mooball on 28/4/2011 at 13:45 TF writer

It all depends on how much surfing you do at Padang Padang. If you surf every day, that means you won't really have time to visit Ubud or anywhere north of Kuta /Legian/ Seminyak . The best temple close to Padang Padang is Uluwatu which is a 10min drive away. You can go there at sunset for a spectacular kecak performance - you should do this. Other than that, you could go into Seminyak for some eating and drinking or Kuta if that is more to your taste.

Other than that, there really isn't a lot else you can do around Padang Padang. It's really just a place to hang around the beach.

If you don't surf every day, a daytrip to Ubud is worthwhile and easy to do on your own with a car/bike or a car/bike & driver.

#2 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 435
 Send mooball a private message   Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Posted by zohoki on 8/9/2013 at 19:30

Rapture Surfcamp Bali in Padang Padang is smack dab in the middle of some of the world's best surf spots and the most beautiful scenery imaginable

#3 zohoki has been a member since 8/9/2013. Posts: 1
 Website 

Posted by kantoni on 30/4/2015 at 21:38

There is a great new site that has a ton of surf camps for you to choose from in Indo.
You can check it out at www.indosurfcamps.com

#4 kantoni has been a member since 30/4/2015. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.