Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Reservations

Posted by heddenswest on 22/5/2011 at 13:56

We'll be coming in August, during the high season, and are wondering if we really need to make reservations.
We won't be staying in Kuta or the other really popular beach spots. We plan on making a reservation for 1-2 nights in Ubud just for when we arrive.
If we just want a simple, clean room, are we safe just walking around and looking at places or do we risk not getting a room in August?
Thanks!

#1 heddenswest has been a member since 7/1/2011. Posts: 32

Posted by mooball on 22/5/2011 at 18:40 TF writer

I wouldn't make reservations. If you have all the travelfish information handy, you should be able to find a place to stay even in high season. You just might have to take your second choice and may have to make a few phone calls or do a bit of walking around.

I would just add this point though. The popular locations in the European summer are completely empty for the rest of the year, so don't expect that because you won't be in Kuta that there won't be many tourists around. Bali will have plenty of tourists in areas that are normally empty. These places include Amed , Munduk, the volcanoes and Candi Dasa. I was told that Amed in particular in the high season is filled to capacity and people are often rolling up at 6pm looking for a room only to find that the last room available is $200/night. Amed is probably the only place I would book in advance.

#2 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 433
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.