Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Train ticket Jakarta - Yog - available on the day?

Posted by neila83 on 29/5/2011 at 20:16

hi,

I'm travelling to Jakarta on June 14th, and am planning to go to yogjakarta the next day. I would prefer to go by train than plane (although flights are very cheap) so that I can see the scenery.

My question is, since you can't book online, do you think I will be able to get a ticket at short notice, i.e. only the day before I want to go, or for the next day? Is it usually sold out or are there plenty available on the day? I need to know, because if it is possible I won't be able to get one, I need to book a flight now to get the best prices. I am in the UK so have no way of buying a train ticket.

Any advice much appreciated, also - is the train journey worth doing over a flight if any of you have done it?

Cheers!

Neil

#1 neila83 has been a member since 29/5/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by dewaemperor on 8/6/2011 at 16:25

Hi Neil

Call 121 to book train tickets from Jakarta to Jogjakarta.
14th June is not holliday, i think there is still ticket for you to book.
http://www.kereta-api.co.id/index.php?option=com_jadwal

#2 dewaemperor has been a member since 8/6/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/6/2011 at 19:24 admin

It's been a couple of years since I did this trip, but we just bought our tickets on the day. That morning.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by lunar on 3/8/2011 at 22:46

Yes you can show up and buy your ticket straight away for the next train. I did it two months ago and it was an exekutiff (first class) ticket. Was worth it and there are beautiful rice paddies on the train journey.

#4 lunar has been a member since 3/8/2011. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.