Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Another Java and Bali itinerary!

Posted by silverteeth on 13/7/2011 at 09:18

Hello everyone!

I'm sure you're sick of these by now, but I have yet another Java and Bali itinerary for you to evaluate! I have about two weeks. I'm flying into Denpasar on the 10th of August, and flying back to Japan from Jakarta.

I'm thinking something like this...
3-4 nights Ubud
2 nights Lovina (or some other quieter beach location, not far from the ferry crossings to Java. The exact location isn't terribly important, but I'd rather not rent a car, and I'd like to be someplace quieter, and, you know... Balier).
2 - 3 nights crossing east Java... I'm having trouble routing this part of the trip, as far as places to stop, and what places connect.
4 nights Yogyakarta , fly to Jakarta
1 night Jakarta

Yes, this is very poorly planned. More than anything, I'm looking for suggestions. Maybe its better to fly straight from Bali to Yogyakarta, and make it a full week there? Or spend the extra time exploring West Java instead of the East? I'm interested in food, temples, and bragging rights (as in getting to tell my friends I've been some exotic place they haven't!). In that order. But, I realize I can't afford too many bragging rights on two weeks. Haha.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

#1 silverteeth has been a member since 11/4/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/7/2011 at 13:41 admin

Quick thoughts: Lovina wouldn't be my first choice. The north coast beaches generally are not as pretty, but personally I found Lovina to be a bit of a dump and has a lot of touts. Pemuteran further to the west is marginally better beach wise and the snorkelling both from there and nearby Menjangan Island, is awesome. From there is is straightforward to the ferry.

Only obvious stop between Bali and Yogya is Mount Bromo. We don't cover it on Travelfish (I'm yet to get there!) but it is apparently stunning.

Yogyakarta is a great town and the best spot to visit Borobudur from.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,651
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by busylizzy on 13/7/2011 at 17:38

My thoughts exactly about Lovina! I didn't think there was anything particularly redeeming about the place.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by silverteeth on 13/7/2011 at 20:07

Thanks for the advice!

Okay, I'm thinking now... drop Lovina, and go to Yeh Gangga, fly to Yogyakarta, and make my way by land to Jakarta. Sound better? I want to limit the number of stops I make, but not feel like I missed out on something. Any suggestions for stops between Yogya and Jakarta?

#4 silverteeth has been a member since 11/4/2011. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.