Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Jungles near Java/bali area?

Posted by mmcphee7117 on 13/7/2011 at 20:32

Hey all I'm heading abroad for several months and I have a friend who is going to accompany me for only 24 days before he has to head back home so he will only be doing the Indonesian part of my trip. He really has his heart set on exploring some jungles (we're both former Marines who love camping and being outside) but it seems like trying to add a trip to Borneo into the itinerary would eat up unnecessary time and money whether by boat or air.

I was wonderingn if there are any jungles around Java or Bali which can be explored for a day or two? Something that won't eat up a several days by boat to get to or much money by air.

I have all the time in the world so I don't care much by my buddy is on a time crunch and hasn't really done much research on a viable itinerary. From what I have read it would seem just over 3 weeks is best spent doing Java and Bali only. Trying to fit anything else in will just eat up time and make the trip feel rushed.

Thanks for responses ahead of time.

#1 mmcphee7117 has been a member since 11/5/2011. Posts: 16

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.