Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Quick question about guesthouses in Bogor and transportation to airport from there

Posted by gilrand on 1/11/2011 at 00:22

Hello,

I need to spend a night at a guesthouse in Bogor and leave for Jakarta airport the next day to catch a 1:45pm domestic flight to Denpasar. I've read that DAMRI busses leave from Jalan Raya Pajajaran to the airport at least hourly. What I haven't figured is how long does the trip take a.k.a. what time should I catch such a bus, anyone have any idea? Also any recomendations on cheap guesthouses somewhere close to the bus stop as no information on many guesthouses are found on the internet..?

Thanks,

Gilrand

#1 gilrand has been a member since 8/6/2009. Posts: 15

Posted by mooball on 1/11/2011 at 12:19 TF writer

I don't know how long it will take to get to the airport from Bogor. No one does! Traffic in Jakarta is absolutely horrendous and a 3 hour journey is not out of the question. If you don't have any other plans for that morning, I'd actually try and leave quite early in the morning just to make sure. You just can't know what the situation is going to be like. 9am just to be sure?? You might get there by 10 or you might get there by 12.

Planning on heading to Taman Safari when in Bogor? It's a great zoo!

#2 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 435
 Send mooball a private message   Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Posted by gilrand on 1/11/2011 at 14:33

Hello,

Yeah I figured it would be best to leave as early as possible. The day will be sunday but as I've never been to Indonesia I have no idea how the week day affects to traffic etc.

I'm spending couple of weeks in Bogor Agricultural University on a school course so I don't know if I have time to go to the zoo there , have to keep that in mind though in case I do :)

Thanks!

Gilrand

#3 gilrand has been a member since 8/6/2009. Posts: 15

Posted by mooball on 1/11/2011 at 16:04 TF writer

Yeah, Sunday is definitely a busy day as it's libur, hari merah etc... the day when most people don't have to work, so anyone that owns a car goes on a picnic somewhere. Lots of people travel from Jakarta go to Bandung, Taman Safari, Kebun Raya etc... It can be mayhem! Not sure if you travelling into Jakarta as opposed to everyone leaving Jakarta makes a difference. Probably not. I remember driving from Depok to Jakarta took me over 2 hours once on a Sunday. You're travelling from further away than Depok.

#4 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 435
 Send mooball a private message   Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.