Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

last 3 days in Indonesia - what to do

Posted by feiticeira on 3/10/2012 at 14:31

I have about 5 days in total in Indonesia, the first two will be in Ubud , Bali (flying into DPS from Cambodia). I considered going to Kuta/Seminyak/Bukit Peninsula but opted to go for Ubud instead. I know the last 3 days aren't enough time to do a whole lot - flights are booked solid for seeing the orangutans in Kalimantan and I would not have enough time there to get back to Bali to catch my flight. I considered doing the Gili Islands but will also be doing a fair bit of beach time in Thailand prior. My other options are going over to see Komodos on Rinca Island and doing some snorkelling over there vs. trying to get to Kelimutu (but the 3D/2N) might cut me too close to my departure from DPS back to Canada. Can anyone recommend how best to use my last remaining let's say 2.5 days in Indonesia? I wish I had more time but this time around I don't lol.

#1 feiticeira has been a member since 25/9/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by busylizzy on 3/10/2012 at 19:13

Head up to Amed. It's a nice area, lots of places to stay and restaurants to choose from, but not packed out like Kuta. There is some OK snorkelling off the beach (find the shipwreck just off the beach). Or if the beach isn't your think, wander along some of the back roads to meet some friendly local people.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by caseyprich on 4/10/2012 at 00:00

I'd just relax and spend all 5 in Ubud - especially if you've finished with beach time, get to know it a little better and you can always go spend the day at another part of the island, or rent a motorbike to careen about.

As a couple days isn't really much time I'd say one thing you could do is take a boat over to Lombok and climb Mt. Rinjani, that will eat up your time. They offer 2 day 1 night trips.

#3 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 4/10/2012 at 00:59

I should have read the first post better - I missed the point that you already did the beach thing.

Another alternative is to head over to Lembongan, a small island just off of Bali. THere is a boat that leaves Sanur around 10.30am and takes an hour I think to get there. Lembongan is a neat little island to explore, there are some nice places to stay (all budgets) and it's a great island to spend time walking around, or hire a motorbike and head over to Ceningan Island by crossing the bridge.

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.