Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

April/May or June?

Posted by time2fly on 9/10/2012 at 17:15

What month have you experienced the best weather in Indonesia?

I like heat and little rain... Thailand in April was perfect!!!! this year at least

#1 time2fly has been a member since 18/1/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 112
 Send time2fly a private message 

Posted by caseyprich on 9/10/2012 at 19:53

Well, I was in Java/Bali/Lombok for June and found the weather was really pleasant. There was a little rain in Jakarta that took the pollution out of the air and made for some clear skies for a day or two - but after that I don't recall anything but a slight drizzle one morning on the Gilis. It wasn't too hot, and there was some cloud cover on intermittent days so you didn't feel backed. I traveled at the end of June and early July - around mid-July it was tougher to book train tickets around Jakarta and accommodation prices started to slope upwards.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by captainbkk on 14/10/2012 at 07:17

Indo is so big and straddles the equator form some 2/3000Kms-thats too big to answer.I think that CP is confused in july when the ramadan started. But local school holidays do influence transport. Nearly all low-budget accomm. charges same year round.

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by caseyprich on 14/10/2012 at 07:53

Late July a lot of folks traveling on from Jakarta had trouble (couldn't) get tickets on trains.

#4 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by undersky_onthel on 28/11/2012 at 21:26

If you don't like the rain you should go on April.In this month you can get sun burn on your body.

#5 undersky_onthel has been a member since 27/11/2012. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.