Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Bali Spirit Festival (Mar. 20-24): Advice Needed

Posted by BinLeenk on 7/1/2013 at 19:55

Hey there,

My wife and I plan to be in Bali for the Spirit Festival held in Ubud March 20-24. However, the "backpacker" accommodation package is $1400 (yikes), which includes this:
FULL FESTIVAL PASS
6 Nights Accommodation
Simple Daily Breakfast
Ensuite Bathroom with Hot & Cold Water
Airport Pick-up
Shuttle Bus
My wife is a yoga instructor and is super excited to go to this, but I need to find a way to lower the costs a bit. I reckon we could buy weekend passes and find a good budget accommodation in-and-around Ubud. Does anyone have recommendations?

We're also emailing the event organizers to see if we can volunteer in exchange for entry.

Has anyone been to this festival before? We've never traveled to Bali, so any other advice on the area is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#1 BinLeenk has been a member since 7/1/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/1/2013 at 06:02 admin

I've not been to the festiuval.but a pass without accommodation is $550 per person, so $1100 all up. Meaning their charging another $300 for 6 nights accommodation @ $50 a night. That is expensive and you can certainly get cheaper good & central accommodation in Ubud for less money. See our Ubud listings for some suggestions.

There is a lot of information on the site covering Bali (I live here) and the Indonesia blog also has a lot worth browsing.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by mooball on 9/1/2013 at 04:46 TF writer

Backpacker accommodation in Ubud is usually around the $10-20 mark. You can even go cheaper than that. For $50 you start getting some really quite stylish places with AC and a pool -- not really backpacker style.

#3 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 433
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Posted by purirama on 7/2/2013 at 08:36

you may search on google, try to find accommodation in Jalan Bisma, Ubud.some of this place offering good rate,.

#4 purirama has been a member since 7/2/2013. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.