Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

North-east Bali rice fields resort?

Posted by tezza on 9/1/2013 at 16:36

I'd like to stay a few days in June at a rice fields resort maybe north or north-west of Candidasa. I have stayed at Sideman - somewhere a fair bit north of there.
I'm afraid I can't afford really high end places, but mid-range with a pool (or flashpacker) is fine.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

#1 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,339
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/1/2013 at 17:48 admin

Hey tezza,

The Tirta Gangga area has fab rice field views, really stunning, and is very affordable. Not sure about a pool though. Perhaps moobali will chime in as he knows that area better than me.

Is you do stay there try and check out Bali Asli - amazing Balinese food, a little pricey, but setting is A grade. Sam blogged about the Bali Asli cooking class here. It's a little past Amlapura. https://www.travelfish.org/blogs/indonesia/2012/07/07/cooking-class-at-bali-asli/

Hope that helps.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by mooball on 10/1/2013 at 10:20 TF writer

Yeah, Tirta Gangga is a nice area, but there was only budget accommodation when I was there last time. Except for Tirta Gangga itself. A top little hotel that is fully booked a lot. Pricey too. http://www.hoteltirtagangga.com/

#3 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 433
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Posted by tezza on 11/1/2013 at 00:21

Thanks guys, looking into that. Even on Google Earth the rice fields are Tirta Gangga look impressive.
Hey mooball - I'm sure that's a name I remember from travel forums way back. And Mooball the town - used to turn off there for my favoutite shortcut to the Gold Coast back in the day. Of course the expressway has changed all that.

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,339
 Website 

Posted by expatInsurance on 11/1/2013 at 06:34

Staying in rice farm resorts! This is a new one, living amidst greenery of the farm and probably savoring some of their fresh produce, though I do not know if it is in offing. I would love to check out these farm resorts when I visit Bali next.

#5 expatInsurance has been a member since 10/1/2013. Posts: 10

Posted by tezza on 11/1/2013 at 18:39

epi - I'm actually after a dedicated resort amidst the rice fields rather than staying on a rice farm.

However Lihat Sawah Homestay in Sideman has a working rice fields section. I was lucky enough to be there when they were transplanting seedlings into the flooded fields. Lovely area with lotsa good countryside hikes. I think somtam has stayed at Lihat Sawah and has an aritcle somewhere on travelfish.

#6 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,339
 Website 

Posted by mooball on 11/1/2013 at 23:42 TF writer

Tezza, I've been around a while on various forums. :)

#7 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 433
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.