Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

A weekend on Komodo

Posted by claireberries on 19/1/2013 at 22:43

Has anyone managed to get to Komodo for a long weekend from Jakarta? Any advice gratefully received!

#1 claireberries has been a member since 19/1/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by mooball on 2/2/2013 at 21:57 TF writer

No, I haven't. But hooking up with one of those trip planners might be an option. They seem to take the hassle of figuring things out and are usually trying to fit in with people's schedules.

#2 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 435
 Send mooball a private message   Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Posted by travellingpoul on 3/2/2013 at 11:23

It depends. Do you mean Komodo Island it self or just the area?
I stayed in the area for 12 days,originally I wanted to stay 4 days, but Kanawa Island where I satyed was just perfect! Beautiful island, very rustic, best snorkeling and diving ever!! Just 1-2 hours from Rinca and Komodo and all the best diving and snorkling spots, meaning you are prolly the only ones there. There is a diving shop on the island, arranging varoius trips also the "resort" itselfs have tours.
Flew Lion Air from Bali to Labuanbajo, went to the kanawa office and got a boat to the island.
Booked a flight through Perama Tours, just send them an email.

#3 travellingpoul has been a member since 10/1/2013. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.