Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Indonesia weather Feb/March - Worth going?

Posted by StephJayne165 on 22/2/2013 at 22:54

Hi Guys,

Need a bit of advice about the weather situ in Bali/Lombok/Gili Islands at end of Feb/beginning of March. I've been doing a bit of research and understand that this is rainy season over there. I'm hoping somebody can tell me if it really is a complete washout over there, of weather it's just a few hours of passing rain every day, still with some sunshine to enjoy the beaches?

I've only got a couple of weeks left, so obviously want to make the most of it, is Indonesia still worth checking out, or am I better off looking at somewhere like the Philippines, or potentially another area of Indo?

Any help you can give is much appreciated - I'm struggling with a shitty wifi connection here so researching myself is proving to be a bit tricky!

#1 StephJayne165 has been a member since 27/9/2011. Posts: 14

Posted by bk1717cb on 23/2/2013 at 05:54

in March, weather shud be fine in Bali and Lombok. Only in Sumatera and Java island it will be raining a lot during Jan- March.
If you want to go to Bali, I'd recommend you to visit Menjangan island, and stay for 2 days at Mimpi Resort. It's a very nice place, you can choose to snorkel, dive or do the jungle trek there....

from Bali, you can go to Lombok using the ferry boat. Gili islands are very beautiful, and if you like to party, then you can stay at Gili Trawangan.
From there, you can rent a boat to tour the nearby Gili Air and Gili Meno islands. The underwater view at Gili Air is very beautiful, so don't miss the fun there :)

#2 bk1717cb has been a member since 23/2/2013. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 1
 Twitter 

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/2/2013 at 18:52 admin

I'm in Bali at the moment and the last two days have had a bit of rain and a lot of wind -- today is glorious. We're at the tail-end of the wet season, so that's a typical weather range for this time of year. In March expect even less rain.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.