Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

10 days Indonesia incl. diving?

Posted by wanderingirish on 2/7/2013 at 17:13

Hi all,

I'm going out to Singapore with work for a week at the end of August and hoping to manage a trip to Indonesia at the end of it. I haven't booked flights yet but I am thinking approx. 10 days.

I'm not a mad beach person, but would quite like to get a day or two's diving in while I am out - maybe in two different locations? I've heard there is some wreck diving, which I think would be really cool to try. Other than that. I am pretty flexible about what I do and where I go, and feeling a little overwhelmed as a result!

I'd really appreciate if anyone had recommendations for where I could think about going? Is trying to visit two separate dive sites (and do other things as well) in 10 days unreasonable?

Thanks so much for your help!

#1 wanderingirish has been a member since 11/4/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by SBE on 5/7/2013 at 02:05

With just ten days why not just head to Bali? Easy to get to with a variety of things to see and do, including wreck diving. For a change of scenery and other dive sites you could hop over to Nusa Lembongan without wasting too much time on transport. TF has quite a lot of information about both these places if you do a search.

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,037
 Send SBE a private message   Where has SBE been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/7/2013 at 09:48 admin

All this from someone who doesn't dive: :-)

The primary wreck dive on Bali is at Tulamben on the north coast. There is a second, far smaller wreck at one of the bays at Amed -- you can snorkle that one. The best diving though is arguably at Menjangan Island near Pemuteran in far west Bali where there is a massive coral garden and an impressive dropoff - no wreck tho.

With ten days you could easily visit two of these spots -- I'd recommend Tulamben and Menjangan and in between see some of the rest of Bali -- perhaps Belugul and Munduk (on the way to Menjangan) or Tirtta Gangga and Sidemen (on the way to Amed/Tulamben).

As SBE suggests you could also skip over to Lembongan, but you'll lose a bit of time in travel time and the diving is (supposedly) better on Bali anyways.

Hope that helps.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by wanderingirish on 9/7/2013 at 12:02

Thank you both very much for the suggestions.

I think I was finding the vast number of options a little overwhelming but your itineraries have been excellent in helping to identify a reasonable amount to target :)

I'll let you know how I get on and thanks again for the help!

#4 wanderingirish has been a member since 11/4/2012. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.