Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

traveling Jakarta to Lombok dec jan 14 and the rainy season

Posted by rsh13 on 14/8/2013 at 17:40

Hi Anybody got some tips for the following trip.
The items which concern me are the scale / distances in Indo' and the fact that its in the middle of the rainy season.
The plan was arrive Jakarta- train - stopping off any cities of interest- lombok - Bali- flight home.
We do not want to be on the road all the time and want some time to chill. However the rainy season is concerning me and I have thought of changing to North Sulawesi or Moluccas Islands ,(i believe the weather is better there) but distance and time might be an issue if we don't want to spend all our time traveling
Any constructive tips would be gratefully appreciated

#1 rsh13 has been a member since 14/8/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by afron on 17/8/2013 at 22:06

Hi RSH13,

Even in the rainy season you can still visit the highlights of Java and Bali, (Bogor Botanical Garden, Borobudur, Prambanan ... temples in Bali), but forget the beaches. It's not only the rain, the beaches are dirty during the rainy season. In Maluku the weather will be better, not so in North Sulawesi though. The following page will give you a good overview of the climates in various parts of Indonesia.

#2 afron has been a member since 3/8/2013. Location: Austria. Posts: 19
 Send afron a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.