Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Pelni Schedule from Ambon to Banda for December 2013

Posted by juxtaparadox on 22/11/2013 at 23:11

Hey guys! Does any one know the Pelni Ship schedule from Ambon to Banda for December? I want to do some diving from December 10 up until the 15th and then back to Bali for to explore some more. Travel buddys will be welcome too! Any comments/suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you! :)

#1 juxtaparadox has been a member since 22/11/2013. Location: Philippines. Posts: 1
 Send juxtaparadox a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Posted by busylizzy on 24/11/2013 at 04:44

(deleting double post)

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 24/11/2013 at 04:45

You can check it out on the Pelni website if you haven't already (http://www.pelni.co.id/?bhs=en) - but they generally don't publish it until 3-4 weeks out. Generally speaking, there is one each week (the cockroach infested Kelimutu) or the Tidar (faster, cheaper and fewer cockroaches).

Merpati also has flights for 280,000rp (which is actually cheaper than the Pelni if you planned on getting a first class cabin) - but they aren't reliable - they can be cancelled due to weather or lack of passengers. As you will be there in the rainy season there is a greater chance of cancellation. In my case, a flight was cancelled due to lack of numbers, but I was able to take a Pelni later on the same day.

If you don't mind roughing it, some people decide to get a cargo boat between Ambon/Banda. But crew sometimes will rent out their bed for a few rupiah as a means of earning a bit of money.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.