Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Visiting Wae Rebo (Flores)

Posted by Harry05 on 13/2/2014 at 04:11

In the beginning of march I will be travelling on Flores, and was thinking about visiting Wae Rebo (weather permitting). Already asked/looked at some websites but saw some agencies asking steep prices about 3.600.000 Rp for the 3D/2N trekking starting Ruteng , or even 5.200.000 Rp for a solo traveller like me.

Also saw an option going from Ruteng to Denge and overnight there, look for a guide - trek to Wae Rebo and back in one day, next day an early morning Truck from Denge back to Ruteng.

But there also might be trekkings starting (as a group?) from Ruteng, which might be the best option for a solo traveller like me.

Does anyone have a good advice about taking a guide from either Ruteng or Denge (pref. name and phonenumber) including a rough indication of the costs? Any other thoughts about this, recent experiences?

Thanks answering,

#1 Harry05 has been a member since 9/9/2007. Posts: 60

Posted by Harry05 on 20/2/2014 at 03:22

Will be in Ruteng at about march 1st or 2nd. If anyone likes to join me and share the costs please contact me on or Ind. phonenr. 082236405938.

#2 Harry05 has been a member since 9/9/2007. Posts: 60

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.