A few questions about the leg Ende - Moni - Ende - Bajawa .
1. Planned arrival by plane at Ende Airport is 14.50 PM, would it be reasonably possible to get to Moni with local transport in the same afternoon? How much time would it take? If not some good advice about staying in Ende (budget accomodation)?
2. Besides visiting Kelimutu, other nice things to see in/around Moni? Good budget accomodation there?
3. After visiting Kelimutu early morning and take my time would it be possible to go from Moni to Bajawa on the same day or rather take a break in Ende? I am not in hurry but I heard/read Ende is not very special?
#1 Harry05 has been a member since 9/9/2007. Posts: 60
If you've not seen it already, you may want to take a look at the Flores/Komodo eBook here may be of use.
In answer to your questions:
1) It's around 3 hours from Ende to Moni - absolutely spectacular drive.
2) Moni is a tiny place and all the main digs are along the main road. We stayed at Bintang Lodge, but there are plenty of others. A selection is here. There is a small waterfall worth taking a look at and then it's just ricefield walks and that kinda thing. Very sleepy place.
3) If you've got the time I'd break it at Ende - some good beaches around there - our writer who visited liked it a lot (we skipped through) - but if you want to go straight through to Bajawa, yes can do.
#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
Send somtam2000 a private message Where has somtam2000 been? Website Twitter Facebook Flickr Google+ Instagram Pinterest
Thanks posting. Great information in the e-book.
#3 Harry05 has been a member since 9/9/2007. Posts: 60