Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Bali or Lombok?

Posted by soomei on 23/2/2014 at 04:15

Am heading to Gili Air on 20 March, then to Gili Trawangan on 23 March, then to leave for home on 25 March. I need input on the following. Thanks.
a/ Would it be easier to reach Gili Air from Bali or Lombok? Then to depart from Gili Trawangan to Bali or Lombok? And what are the methods plus monies, timing required ? I need to choose where should I touch down and take off.
b/ Flight can reach Bali by 1pm, or reach Lombok by 12 noon (with no flight delay).
c/ How do I get from Gili Air to Gili Trawangan
d/ Anyone on the similar schedule and location would like to meet up for a chat?

#1 soomei has been a member since 18/2/2014. Posts: 9
 Send soomei a private message   Where has soomei been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 23/2/2014 at 18:30

Assuming that you will start off in Bali, the easiest (but most expensive, I think) is to take a speedboat from Bali to the Gili's direct.

I did this a similar trip recently with Scoot Cruises (except that I stopped at Lembongan first). They will pick you up from your hotel, leave from Sanur Beach (Bali), and take you to the Gili's. You'd take a public boat from Gili A to Gili T (quick and cheap (30,000rp).

You do not need to pay the published price if you find a local agent and do some hard bargaining. To give you an idea, I paid 950,000rp (instead of published 1,200,000rp) for Sanur - Lembongan - Gili A-

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by savorygal on 24/2/2014 at 09:08

You can get to the Gilis from Bali directly with a "fast boat" as busy lizzy says. There are many companies and most leave from Padang Bai harbor. The boats that leave from Padang Bai go directly to the Gilis ( occasionally they stop briefly in Lombok) and you can get off at Gili T or Gili Air. Most boat companies will pick you up at your hotel about 7 am. Boats that leave from sanur usually stop in Nusa Lembongan before heading to the gilis. You shouldn't pay more than 400,000 one way this time of year with most companies. There are about a gazillion agents on every street in Bali so negotiate.

Flights to lombok are fairly inexpensive. One way ticket can be had for 250,000 IDR, but you need a taxi from the airport (150,000) to Bangsal and then a 30 minute crossing on the local boat (15,000)

There are daily local boats from Air to Trawangan and visa versa, in the morning ( 9 ish) and afternoon (3 ish). aprrox 10,000

hope that helps,

#3 savorygal has been a member since 16/7/2010. Posts: 168
 Send savorygal a private message   Website 

Posted by soomei on 26/2/2014 at 05:03

Thank you so much, busylizzy and savorygal. Helps a lot. I will contact one of the agent. I need to get this thing done asap.

#4 soomei has been a member since 18/2/2014. Posts: 9
 Send soomei a private message   Where has soomei been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.