Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Flights to Flores

Posted by darylksr on 27/2/2014 at 04:47

Trying to fly to Flores preferably Maumere from either Lombok or Bali. Does anyone know which airlines fly there? Or what is the best way to go to Flores from Lombok? Thanks

#1 darylksr has been a member since 16/1/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 1/3/2014 at 03:25 admin

Lionair flies from Denpasar to Labuan Bajo and Denpasar to Maumere (with Wings Air) as does Merpati.

I think Merpati also fly from Lombok to Maumere, but I'm not 100% on that.

Lionair
Merpati

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,566
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by captainbkk on 2/3/2014 at 02:39

IF MP flies, keep your western style ideas with you and only buy ticket when there and have solid info it really goes-Indo's most often do that only when at airport and plane in sight.
LIONair has a site but its often shaky and a bit cumbersome or unwiling for non-Indo cardholders.
Overland and sea is possible-via Sumbawa, with some buses even going on the ferries-but will eat a lot of time.

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by SBE on 2/3/2014 at 05:52

I'm in Lombok right now and saw a free tourist newspaper here today that says Merpati suspended all flights on Feb 1st because they couldn't pay their fuel bills. They owe Pertamina 165 billion rupiah. Dunno if they're flying again now but the newspaper thinks Merpati is about to go out of business.

#4 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,019
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 5/3/2014 at 04:05

IF MP flies, keep your western style ideas with you and only buy ticket when there and have solid info it really goes. Indo's most often do that only when at airport and plane in sight"

And even if you see it, it doesn't mean you're going to get on the plane. I had booked and paid to take a flight from Bandaneira to Ambon. It arrived, but we were told we couldn't board as it was first taking people to another island first, and would then come back for us. It never did. They said there was engine trouble. In reality, there were only 5 people scheduled to go on the plane. They just cancelled it, and left us stranded. Had to wait for the Pelni ship to get out!

It's no wonder they are going out of business...

#5 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by chinarocks on 5/3/2014 at 05:59

I do believe that is the most coherent (and non-abrasive) post I've ever seen from the captain.

Maybe he's kicked the drink.

#6 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 740

Posted by busylizzy on 5/3/2014 at 07:30

china - that cracked me up!

#7 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.