Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Bukit Lawang - Tangkahan - Berastagi - Lake Toba (and maybe Bukittingi)

Posted by Harry05 on 2/3/2014 at 03:48

My plan is to go to Sumatra soon and more concrete (coming from Medan) to Bukit Lawang - Tangkahan - Berastagi (not shure if this make sense?) - Lake Toba and after that maybe Bukittingi and surroundings. About this a few questions:

1. Read I can reach Bukit Lawang same day arriving in the morning from Medan airport, how much time would I need?

2. Coming from Tangkahan I don't have to go back to Bukit Lawang but best is to travel via Medan to Berastagi (maybe just to sleep if it's not possible to visit the surroundings)? Or is it possible to reach Tuk Tuk at the same day?

3. How is the situation in/around Berastagi, does it make sense to go there?

4. From Lake Toba it's quite a distance to Bukittingi, are there any (worthwhile) stops in between or would it be best to return to Medan and take a flight to Padang?

5. Is the route following Bukit Lawang - Tangkahan - Berastagi - Lake Toba (maybe Bukittingi) logical or are there better options?

6. Any other advice about this? Recommendations?

Thanks answering,

#1 Harry05 has been a member since 9/9/2007. Posts: 60

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.