Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Poste restante in bali or the gilis?

Posted by Jojc123 on 7/6/2014 at 00:37

Has anyone used poste restante in bali (sanur or kuta) or the gilis? I need something sent to me and I am unsure if poste restante is still offered as a service. Alternatively, I might be able to have it sent directly to a hotel in the gilis but I don't know where I'll be staying til I get there. Ideas or advice?

#1 Jojc123 has been a member since 17/5/2014. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/6/2014 at 06:33 admin

I used to live in Sanur a couple of years ago and poste restante was still running at the small office on Jl Danau Buyan (a short walk from "McDonald's corner") - I'd assume it is still going.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Jojc123 on 21/6/2014 at 03:23

An update: poste restante is still in existence in sanur, despite sanur post office staff denying it! We were turned away because the worker was stressed by the 30 plus people lined up. Even though my husband spoke indonesian and tried many ways to get the package, we were told that only denpasar accepts packages. After an unsuccessful trip to denpasar p.o., we returned to sanur, this time with the name of the person who signed for the package (thanks to online tracking). This time, the same p.o. staff found our mail. So poste restante does work but is highly dependent on the frame of mind of the staff member!

#3 Jojc123 has been a member since 17/5/2014. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.