Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

buying domestic Indonesia flights online from outside Indonesia - please advise

Posted by Infin1tty on 1/9/2014 at 05:06

Hi,

I was researching this topic already and read mixed reviews on almost all below at trip advisor, and similar forums.
Can you please share your experience of booking flights beforehand from outside Indonesia, using eg. European credit card to pay?

I have so far found the following websites offering the flights, eg. to Raja Amapat from Makassar, etc.

1. tiket.com
2. tiket2.com
3. traveloka.com

Can you book a flight directly on Garuda airlines website and pay with Visa card, or can you suggest any other airlines?

Also, what would be the average price to get to Raja Ampat, Sorong from lets say Makassar? At the moment prices round on 70-80euro, which is reasonable, but would like not to pay anything more than that, so not sure if I can wait till I get to Makassar and buy next day flight, or rather risk and book online somehow.

Many thanks for the answer.

#1 Infin1tty has been a member since 27/8/2014. Posts: 8
 Send Infin1tty a private message 

Posted by caseyprich on 1/9/2014 at 21:32

I used http://www.indonesiamatters.com/ a few years ago and didn't have any problems. I had to use Paypal to make the purchase if I remember correctly.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by exacto on 2/9/2014 at 15:41

We had a similar problem booking Indonesian domestic air tickets recently. Booking Air Asia online was no problem at all. Lion Air didn't work, however, and eventually we gave up and went through a travel agent. The internal flights we took were all quite full, so we were glad we'd booked ahead. Good luck.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by daawgon on 4/9/2014 at 13:23

There's a few carriers you should avoid in Indonesia - Merpati for one (safety)

#4 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,133
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by GattinaRosa on 24/9/2014 at 21:09

We recently booked LionAir tickets via nusatrip.com using our UK Debit cards. However, we were in Indonesia at the time.

No problems at all.

We had initially tried to book directly through LionAir; however, as it was under 48 hours til the departure time, we did not have the option of paying by card. We attempted the ATM transfer option which they also offer... But could not get the ATMs to work with our card.

Not sure if anyone else has experience with NusaTrip but it worked fine for us!

#5 GattinaRosa has been a member since 28/7/2014. Posts: 18

Posted by WonderingTsar on 27/9/2014 at 03:17

I have had success with a European CC and tiket.com recently. I have booked Lionair international (Malaysia-Indonesia) flights from Malaysia, but had no luck with Lionair domestic Indonesian flights.

#6 WonderingTsar has been a member since 28/1/2010. Posts: 31
 Send WonderingTsar a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.