Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Taking Prescription Drugs to Indonesia

Posted by quigly on 25/11/2015 at 18:28

Hi
We are heading out to Bali & Lombok at Christmas time for three weeks. Both my kids are on ADHD medication (Ritalin/Concerta) and I read on the AU gov website that these controlled drugs are highly restricted in Indonesia. I was planning on getting a letter from the Pediatrician but now think may not be enough - any one know or have experience with this issue.
Thanks

#1 quigly has been a member since 22/10/2015. Posts: 7
 Send quigly a private message 

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by amnicoll on 26/11/2015 at 06:02

I would ask the Indonesian embassy for advice I have no idea what the one in Australia is like but you might be surprised at how helpful they can be

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 950
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by quigly on 8/12/2015 at 17:01

Hi - I thought I would let you all know what I found. I had an email discussion with the Embassy in AU.
If the medication contains "narcotics, morphine or pain killer" then you need to apply for a letter from the Embassy http://www.kbri-canberra.org.au/index.php/visa-service-kbri-canberra/taking-prescribed-medicine otherwise a letter from the doctor is sufficient.

#3 quigly has been a member since 22/10/2015. Posts: 7
 Send quigly a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.