Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Malang-Ranu Pani on automatic scooter

Posted by SendiriNekad on 4/12/2015 at 06:01

Is there anybody who has any idea if the road from Malang to Ranu Pani is doable on an automatic scooter? And, eventually from Ranu Pani to Mount Bromo, on the same scooter? :D

#1 SendiriNekad has been a member since 19/9/2015. Posts: 3

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by mooball on 5/12/2015 at 04:03 TF writer

When I was there a few years back, it was definitely possible. The only problem might be when you cross into the caldera... It can get muddy after rain, so it would be best not to do it in the wet season... although I did do it in the wet season. So yeah, should be no problem.

#2 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 439
 Send mooball a private message   Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by SendiriNekad on 9/12/2015 at 07:43

Thank you, Mooball. Things changed meanwhile. Like 2 kilometers before Ranu Bani the road is really broken. Still I made my way downhill. But going back to Malang was the tricky part. Because I lack the Indonesian skill of mastering a scooter I asked a local to drive it uphill until the asphalt was ok again.

Also the road in the savanna valey to the Sea of sand is closed due to repairing. I wanted to do it on foot anyway but because Bromo got angry on 7th December and puffed I hope I will get the chance another time.

#3 SendiriNekad has been a member since 19/9/2015. Posts: 3

Posted by mooball on 10/12/2015 at 01:22 TF writer

Haha sounds like fun! I actually thought you were indonesian because of your name.

#4 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 439
 Send mooball a private message   Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.