Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Visa Extension Maumere, Flores?

Posted by altmtl on 13/12/2015 at 12:03

Has anyone extended their visa in Maumere recently?
Due to the holidays... I might have to extend my 30 day (paid) VOA in Maumere... if I'm not able to get my date of issue stamped for Jan. 4th for a 60 day visa from Ottawa...
***"The visa once issued is valid for 90 days as of the date of issue. The maximum stay is 60 days, and You must exit Indonesia before the expiry date. Please take this into consideration when you apply for the visa.”
*** “If you are planning to travel to Indonesia between 23 December 2015 and 8 January 2016, you will require to request your visa no later than 21 December 2015.”
I leave Canada Jan. 11th, but only arrive in Indonesia on Feb. 3rd - my exit date is April 1st.
I was considering getting an Indo visa in Bangkok but I arrive on Thursday the 13th, which means I'd probably have to spend 3 or 4 xtra nights in BK, which I don't want to do.
I read in some reports that it can take as little as 2 days or as long as 4 in Maumere to get an extension?

#1 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,003
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/12/2015 at 17:54 admin

There is an immigration office in Labuan Bajo now (I believe), but, I don't understand why you are considering a VOA when the 60-day tourist visa covers you for your stay. You need to enter using it before the 90 day period from issuance date -- you don't need to complete your stay by then... or that is my understanding anyway!

Any Indonesian immigration office outside of tourist hubs can be fickle and variable unfortunately. One person's experience may not be reflected in yours.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,021
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by altmtl on 14/12/2015 at 01:53

I was told by the Ottawa embassy that -"The visa once issued is valid for 90 days as of the date of issue. The maximum stay is 60 days, and You must exit Indonesia before the expiry date."

That's why I'm asking. I know there's one in Labuan Bajo, but I would have overstayed by then if that info is correct.

#3 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,003

Posted by altmtl on 14/12/2015 at 02:00

If I don't need to complete my stay by the end of the 90 days, then the person in Ottawa is giving me the wrong info and screwing up my plans. Just saying.

#4 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,003

Posted by altmtl on 14/12/2015 at 04:16

Anyway, even if I send it off this week... the embassy is closed Fridays and the holidays are coming up (3 more closed days) well it's getting tight. - Visa request must be submitted 10 working days prior to your intended date of travel and no more than 30 days prior to your travel date.
Processing time : please allow the Consular between 3 – 5 working days between Monday to Thursday to issue a visa.

#5 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,003

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/12/2015 at 07:02 admin

Hmmm, I know every embassy has their own rules, but in Sydney, they say this:

"Visa is valid if presented within 90 days from the date of issuance."

That makes a lot more sense to me, than what the Canadian mob are saying to you. Could you give them a call to clarify?

Welcome to the wonders of the Indonesian immigration department!

#6 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,021
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/12/2015 at 07:03 admin

hmm and there is a but with the quote marks -- I'll add that to my mile-long bug list ;-)

#7 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,021

Posted by altmtl on 14/12/2015 at 21:06

yep bug list.... :)

Message from Toronto office: As it mentioned, your visa has to be used within 90 days from the date of issuance, however the 60 days stay will be calculated from the date of arrival. its not too early to apply visa now.

Message from Ottawa office:
Consular Affairs in Ottawa, is experiencing a very high volume of visa applicants traveling before January 1. Therefore we are at this time obligated to process their visa requests before travelers traveling in January after January 6th. We have several travelers that are traveling on January 8th and their visa will be issue on Jan 4th.

The visa can be issued on January 4th providing that we receive your envelop (visa request) the latest on December 30 in the morning. The Consular Services is not issuing any visas but we are accepting visa request be courier or xpresspost, however No hand delivery.
Long story short I sent my passport to Ottawa today by xpresspost. So we'll see how soon I get it. As mentioned above my departure from Canada is Jan. 11th

#8 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,003

Posted by somtam2000 on 15/12/2015 at 04:45 admin

Ok so let's see how you go - report back when you're sorted out.

And I think "that quotes problem" I mentioned above is now fixed.

#9 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,021

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.