Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Banda Islands in march

Posted by michalkos on 5/2/2016 at 14:02

I want to visit Banda Islands in March but I'm really not sure about the weather... I've checked lot's of websites and I'm still confused because information are mixed. Some sources says it's good time (or best) in Bandas some says exactly opposite... Someone help me please :)

Or maybe can you suggest some other options for great snorkeling in Indonesia in march? It's raining season in almost whole country but maybe I'm missing something?

#1 michalkos has been a member since 31/12/2014. Posts: 6

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/2/2016 at 02:46 admin

Have you considered Flores? For eg Komodo National Park or the beaches and islands near Labuan Bajo? Some great snorkelling and far far easier to get to than the Bandas.

Yes a bit of rain, but March should be drying out.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,021
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by michalkos on 6/2/2016 at 03:26

I've been to Flores and Komodo area (Seraya Island couple years ago) but I'm not sure if march is right time for this place... As I remember Seraya was even closed in this time of the year... (now they changed it for billion dollar fancy resort).

I know it's not easy to get to Banda but it might be maybe only place with decent weather and great snorkeling that time in Indonesia. But I'm a little worried that if it will be raining and stormy I would stuck at the end of the world in the middle of nowhere where there is nothing to do in bad weather...

#3 michalkos has been a member since 31/12/2014. Posts: 6

Posted by mooball on 6/2/2016 at 19:49 TF writer

The other option is Pulau Weh. Weather should be good in March... Sumatra has a different climate to a lot of Indonesia because it straddles the equator. So many places don't have a typical dry/wet thing going on.

#4 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 439
 Send mooball a private message   Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Instagram 

Posted by trisnasuanda01 on 16/2/2016 at 02:32

This is what we did last year we went to Banda islands together with my friends, we all have a great time together. Banda islands are one of the Indonesia's most famous destination for divers. Both expert and even newbies will really have a great time together. This islands attracts divers,sailors and cruise ships from different parts of the world because of its natural beauty both above and under the sea. But after whole day of diving and soaking yourself into the water try to visit a place where you can dine and spend quality time with your friends [url=http://]http://www.villaanugrah.com/en/Blog/wine-dine-villa-anugrah [/url]. I'm pretty sure you will not only love the Banda islands but you will also fall in love with that place.

#5 trisnasuanda01 has been a member since 15/2/2016. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.