Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Alor Islands ...Flores

Posted by laverysean on 3/3/2016 at 22:39

Hi everyone:)

I'm planning a trip through Flores for a month, flying into Maumere then drifting across to Larantuka then Lembata ( Alor Islands)

I was wondering of anyone lingering here had done something like this and if they had any handy tips? It's hard to get information about boats from Flores to Lembata...
Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Cheers

Sean

#1 laverysean has been a member since 13/6/2013. Posts: 16

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by gecktrek on 4/3/2016 at 20:36

hey, i took the lembata to larantuka ferry last year, there were 2 a day taking 3 hours (via adonara), costing 40000... check wikitravel...

#2 gecktrek has been a member since 24/3/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 163
 Send gecktrek a private message   Where has gecktrek been?   Website   Flickr  

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/3/2016 at 21:07 admin

I didn't get as far as Larantuka or Alor but the stretch of coastline east of Maumere (where Ankermi Happy Dive etc is) is just gorgeous and I'd wished I'd had more time when I got there - sadly it was the last day of that trip and I had just two nights then had to head back to Bali.

Very beautiful and untrammelled area.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,021
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by purcitron on 19/7/2016 at 18:17

@laverysean

did you make it to the Alors? how was it? photos?

#4 purcitron has been a member since 15/6/2014. Location: United States. Posts: 45
 Send purcitron a private message   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.