Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Surfing in November

Posted by daisyhilltops on 2/5/2016 at 20:27

Hey, I'm planning a trip to Bali for the month of November and really want to try a bit more surfing. I have some experience but am more or less a beginner and want to know what the season is usually like at this time of year? I've heard it's not really reliable conditions.
Should I look at going a different time of year for better surf or is it generally ok for newbies?
Thanks!

#1 daisyhilltops has been a member since 26/4/2016. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 2/5/2016 at 22:36

Hello daisyhilltops, the season still on the right wind direction on November. This still the season of west bali side, it's mean as long you surf at west coast of Bali, such as Uluwatu, to Canggu coast line till north, this area is the best on November. the condition will be change at the beginning of the new year. based on what happened last year here.

#2 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 7/5/2016 at 01:23

For Your Information, to surfing in Bali it's all years around available to surf. It's doesn't matter which month or days or years that you come to Bali, there will always the waves to surf every single day. The only thing you need to know based on the season in Indonesia mostly.

There's only 2 season; Wet season and Dry season. This season will effect the best spot to surf around Indonesia. Bali island when dry season will always the best to surf and good waves on the west coast of Bali, and when wet season the best spot to surf is on the east coast of Bali.

The rest before you surf, you have to check the wind direction each day based on the daily forecast in Bali. if you are Beginner level, you have to know this, and if you're Advance level, i believe you know what i talked about it. Enjoy Surf :)

#3 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71

Posted by daisyhilltops on 7/5/2016 at 05:18

Thats great thank you so much! So I should be OK for Canggu in November? I'm sure I will have a good time regardless but still want to experience some of Bali's beautiful waves

#4 daisyhilltops has been a member since 26/4/2016. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 9/5/2016 at 01:06

November in Canggu it's still good season, you would be enjoy the waves of Canggu. For you information, Canggu has 3 different surf spot. First is Berawa Beach, second is Old man/Batu Bolong Beach and third is Echo beach. Each surf spot has different character, i guess you have to try all of them.

#5 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71

Posted by LuiggiRizzo on 16/5/2016 at 23:21

Hi! I traveled to Indo this summer and surfed in a couple of places:

1) Bali-Canggu: really good for newbies, lots of people in the water, long waves, ....

2) Lombok-Inside Gerupuk (South Lmbok): beginners with some surfing experience. It was the best surfing experience I had in my life. You take a boat from the town to the break. Break is strong but safe and paddle back is easy as it is calmed around the break.

Be careful with your feet in both places as ground is coral/sharp.

Cheers

#6 LuiggiRizzo has been a member since 16/5/2016. Posts: 7

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.