Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

1 month indonesia help required please

Posted by Rene020 on 13/5/2016 at 16:21

I'm flying out to Jakarta in 2 weeks time there is 2 of us travelling together. I would like to see as much as possible without spending to much time in trains and buses, we are on a tight budget and need like zero luxury's. i found the following flights from Jakarta as i did not see the point to spend some time there i much prefer nature then cities. the following flights(4) come to about 150 euro all together which is about are budget for inland travel.

i have only been in Bali before for 2 weeks and know very little about anywhere else.

my itinerary:
3 Juni Jakarta - Balikpapan (Borneo)
8 Juni Balik papan- Makkasar (celebes)
14 juni Makkasar-Denpasar (bali, lombok, gilli)
27 juni Bali-Jakarta

is the time scale okay? or should i leave certain flights out or go a completely different route? or spend more or less time somewhere?

thanks in advance

#1 Rene020 has been a member since 13/5/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/5/2016 at 21:30 admin

Hi,

I can't help with the Balikpapan bit as I've not been there, but for the rest:

From Makassar you could catch an overnight bus to Rantepao to explore around Tana Toraja -- there is pleasant trekking opportunities, villages and so on. Could comfortably spend a few days there.

Near Makassar you have the Spermonde Islands - I've not been here, but a friend has and rated them highly. There is also a cave system near Makassar that sounds good - I can't find a link right now, will dig one out later.

The other main option in this area of Sulawesi is Bira (think beaches and small islands) but I think going there and Rantepao and Makassar will stretch you time wise if you only have seven days.

Then 2 weeks in Bali/Lombok/Gilis yes, that is fine - really depends on your interests - the Silly Gilis are heavily touristed and expensive, so others like Gili Gede may be more appealing. In Bali itself, we're big fans of both Munduk and Sidemen for quieter mountain retreats.

More questions, ask away.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,090

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.