Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Bukit Lawang vs Lake Toba in North Sumatra

Posted by hkmitty on 20/5/2016 at 04:32

Hi guys, I am travelling solo to North Sumatra in early June. I only have 5 days of time, arriving Medan at 8:30 on 8 June and will leave Medan at 20:30 on 12 June. I am now struggling in the time division between Bukit Lawang and Lake Toba .

A few questions that I wish to seek opinion

1. Should I stay 2 nights in Bukit Lawang and 1 night in Lake Toba or vice versa? Which is a better place? Personally I like the wildlife and am excited to see the orangutans. But I saw people saying Lake Toba is a much better place to visit. That's why I am in a dilemma now.

2. Should I spend a night in Medan (first or last night) or I should spend all 4 nights in Bukit Lawang and Lake Toba? Most people say Medan is a boring place but I am wondering if they have some good food and other places that worth spending a day?

3. What is the best sequence of visiting these places bases on my staying time and transport routes? Medan-->BK-->LT ? BK-->LT-->Medan or some other suggestions? (I will be arriving in early morning and depart at night)

Thanks in advanced!

#1 hkmitty has been a member since 20/5/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by amnicoll on 21/5/2016 at 05:59

I see no reason why you should stay in Medan

Which is the better place - sorry they are both great and which is best will be down to your own personal preferences.

If I remember it is quite a long journey between the two so perhaps just pick one

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.