Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

First Timer - Advice Needed!

Posted by KevinOconnor1 on 22/5/2016 at 10:33

Hi.

I'm travelling from Manchester, England to Bangkok and then immediately onto Bali, this is my first time travelling to this part of the world so any help/information would be greatly appreciated.

I am meeting up with a friend from the US who has already got a place for us to stay in Gili Trawangan. How do I go about getting there from Bali Airport? I have read about fast boats but I'm unsure if that is the best way or even how to get to the correct port from the airport?

I plan to fly out 30th June and our accommodation is book from 1st-4th July, is that sensible or should I maybe leave a day earlier and look to get a room somewhere to break up the travel?

Thank You for any help given.

#1 KevinOconnor1 has been a member since 22/5/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/5/2016 at 23:11 admin

Gili Trawangan is commonly reached by fastboat from Padang Bai which is a port about two hours by taxi from Bali airport.

You can also get a slowboat from the same port to Lombok and the make your way up to the Gilis - most go for the speedboats, but their safety record is spotty and overcrowding a big problem -- the slowboat option takes a lot longer.

You can book a combo ticket to the Gilis from anywhere in Bali which will include transfers to Padang Bai which will work out cheaper than a cab.

Overnighting in South Bali (in Sanur or Kuta for example) would be sensible.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,093

Posted by amnicoll on 23/5/2016 at 04:57

I do not know what time you arrive but over-nighting in Padang Bai might also be an option

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 25/5/2016 at 10:51

The best thing to do if you just landing to Bali International Airport, there is tourist information out side of the last gate and also they could fix your schedule to Gili Trawangan by fast boat, if you landing early morning. If your landing mid day or night, it's better take 1 night stay at Kuta or Sanur, and you could book fast boat service to Gili Trawangan through your hotel front office desk, or they would suggest you to book around the area of your hotel.

When you get the fast boat ticket, it's include transfer from your hotel to Gili Trawangan Jetty. The only thing you need to wake up early morning to get your transport to the harbor where the boat waiting you there.

#4 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71

Posted by dkolthek on 26/5/2016 at 20:27

Hi

Gili Getaway (giligetaway.com) run an excellent fast boat service direct to Gili, the boats leave from Serangan Harbour, not far from the airport. They will pick you up from the airport and transfer you directly to the boat. Ive used most of the operators to Gili, and highly recommend Gili Getaway, great service and very professional. The bonus is you don't have a long car ride to PadangBai to catch you boat.

#5 dkolthek has been a member since 17/5/2016. Posts: 6

Hi

Gili Getaway (giligetaway.com) run an excellent fast boat service direct to Gili, the boats leave from Serangan Harbour, not far from the airport. They will pick you up from the airport and transfer you directly to the boat. Ive used most of the operators to Gili, and highly recommend Gili Getaway, great service and very professional. The bonus is you don't have a long car ride to PadangBai to catch you boat.

#6 dkolthek has been a member since 17/5/2016. Posts: 6

Hi

#7 dkolthek has been a member since 17/5/2016. Posts: 6

Hi

#8 dkolthek has been a member since 17/5/2016. Posts: 6

Hi

#9 dkolthek has been a member since 17/5/2016. Posts: 6

Posted by amnicoll on 27/5/2016 at 04:41

sorry dkolthek but who do you recommend?

#10 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.